USC IMSC Corporate Affiliates Program
IMSC blends the unique resources available across the University of Southern California and Los Angeles to create a world-class, multidisciplinary hub for exploration and discovery. We engage a diverse faculty with expertise in fundamental research areas critical to every aspect of data science and are closely connected to the domain experts applying these tools through our affiliated schools and organizations IMSC is built to deliver next-generation, custom-built data platforms combining latest technologies with fundamental and applied research. These end-to-end solutions span the entire data pipeline, from the acquisition of real data to the application of mined insights, and are created for partners facing real-world problems across the globe.
IMSC’s strong commitment to academic and industrial collaboration and technology transfer ensures that the research pursued in the Institute is relevant to Sponsors’ needs, and that results are designed to advance their competitiveness in the global technological marketplace. Our Founding Partners each lend a unique breadth and depth of expertise that, when combined with our research efforts, further strengthened the Center’s goals.
IMSC has developed a diverse program of collaboration and technology transfer that encourages joint Sponsor-IMSC research projects. Regular interactions between IMSC and Sponsors enable researchers to test technology breakthroughs in IMSC’s extensive laboratories and utilize real-world data provided by Partners or other organizations with advanced test-beds or even within the companies’ own business environment.
IMSC is currently recruiting a limited number of Founding Partners that will contribute to strategy and directions for the Institute’s research agenda.
Founding Members committing $250k/year
USC Viterbi School of Engineering is seeking a limited number of Founding Members for its IMSC Affiliates Program.
IMSC’s strong commitment to academic and corporate collaboration and technology transfer ensures that the research pursued in the Institute is relevant to the customer’s needs, and that results are designed to advance their competitiveness in the global marketplace. Regular interactions between IMSC and its customers enable researchers to test technology breakthroughs in IMSC’s extensive laboratories utilizing real-world data provided by Partners and other organizations creating advanced testbeds or even utilizing a member companies’ own business environment.
Benefits to Founding Members of USC IMSC Affiliates Program:
- Resources. Facilitated access to relevant faculty, staff, students, and programs at the Institute and assistance in developing cross-disciplinary relationships.
- Strategy. Founding Members will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the research strategy and directions for the research agenda for the program.
- Advisors. Founding Members will have a representative on the Board of Advisors for the program.
- Thought-leaders. Founding Members will have access to the Institute’s leadership and the Board of Advisors for idea sharing, feasibility and vetting, validation strategies and facilitating group discussions with appropriate stakeholders.
- Public Relations. Founding Members may participate in the Institute’s media outreach and social networking.
- Site Visit. Founding Members may request meetings at Member’s site for their convenience. Faculty or staff of the Institute will visit Member’s site for meetings as well as to offer seminars and short lectures on mutually interested topics.
- Company Day. Founding Members may visit the Institute for one-day exclusive customized meeting.
- Employee Training. A short (less than a week) certificate program can be offered for a small group of Founding Member’s employees at the Institute’s site. The certificate will be signed by the IMSC Director and the Dean of the USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering.
- Visiting Researcher (additional cost). An employee from Founding Member can reside at the Institute for close collaboration.
For more info contact Seon Ho Kim, Ph.D. (Associate Director) by phone at (213) 821-0876 or by email at